Business are expanding beyond their initial geographic boundaries at increasing speed showing that the best location for global and regional headquarters or shared services is has become crucial than ever.
The objective: maximize operational and financial efficiency in an optimal structure that enables superior responsiveness to corporate needs.
More and more of the world's leading companies are looking to Luxembourg to fulfill these objectives in Europe, drawing on Luxembourg's excellent location, strong financial center, and productive, multilingual population. Among global companies with headquarters in Luxembourg are ArcelorMittal, the world's largest steelmaker, satellite communications giants SES and Intelsat, automotive components maker Delphi (Powertrain Systems), chocolatier Ferrero, RTL Group, the leading European radio and TV broadcaster, Internet voice and video call provider Skype and intercontinental airfreight leader Cargolux International Airlines.
International leaders such as Dupont Teijin Films, Fanuc Robotics, Guardian Industries, Amazon.com, Rakuten, Rovi Corp. and PayPal, among others, consolidate their European services to benefit from Luxembourg's favorable tax climate and cost-efficient business environment. Their choice of Luxembourg is supported by a recent report by UBS Wealth Management Research, which ranks Luxembourg City second in the world among all global financial centers in terms of earnings power and affordability. In the European Union, it ranks first.
As the former Chairman and CEO of Guardian Industries Corporation expressed after establishing his company's European headquarters in the Grand Duchy: "Luxembourg works!"
• A rewarding tax environment and a business-friendly legal and regulatory framework are the foundation of a leading jurisdiction for corporate structures, known for comprehensive participation exemption rules and an extensive network of double tax avoidance treaties.
• Central location and extensive connectivity via comprehensive air, high-speed rail and highway network ensure efficient access to major political and economic decision centers and beyond.
• A standard of living among the highest in the world, with excellent personal safety and security, and a welcoming attitude to investors. This combination attracts top-level executives with their families and aids in recruiting international talent.
• The highly skilled, multi-lingual workforce assures a valuable resource for corporate functions, including legal, finance and accounting, sales and marketing, supply chain management, R&D and IP management.
• The state-of-the-art IT infrastructure and redundant international broadband connectivity make Luxembourg an ideal location for data centers and IT services functions.
• By having one of the lowest debt and deficit in the EU, Luxembourg’s social stability ensures that there is hardly ever a strike, and that coalition governments define policies that foster a stable business – friendly environment.