On March 15, 2017, at Luxembourg’s incubator and coworking fab lab, Technoport, Luxinnovation welcomed press, delegates and investors to the Fit 4 Start Autumn 2016 Programme Graduation Ceremonies. Congratulations to AIVA technology, Passbolt and and Yollty. In addition, master of ceremonies, Antoine Hron, Luxinnovation’s Head of Start-up Development, announced the winners of this year’s pitch process and the new participants for the Fit 4 Start Spring 2017 edition as, BodyQ, Daanuu, L7Defense, Viewport, and Ziggu.
Michele Gallo from the Ministry of Economy spoke briefly on the reasons for the success of the Fit 4 Start programme which this year had 230 applications for the Spring 2017 programme from 23 countries, saying, “There are key elements that make this programme a success. One, is that it is very selective. Out of more than 100 start-ups pitching, only 5 can make it to the 16-week programme. Another is that the coaches work very hard to challenge the participants.”
The three graduate start-ups were announced as, Aiva technology, (Artificial Intelligence composing classical music), Passbolt, (open source password manager) and Yollty, (helps businesses incentivise their customers to engage with their social media pages). Each team gave a brief presentation of what they gained most from the programme and what advances their companies had made.
Finally, the end of the graduation programme was the official launch of the Fit 4 Start Spring 2017 edition including an Introduction of the jury members & coaches and Elevator Pitches by the new participants.
The 5 new startups selected are:
- BodyQ Analytics (open data). Team: Tanicha Nichole Green/ Jamica Greene. body intelligence software
- Daanuu (supply chain). Team: Sacha Thommes / Stéphane Este-Gracias. Optimise the work of your mobile workforce (www.daanuu.com)
- L7 Defense (cybersecurity). Team: Yisreal Gross. Advanced Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Attacks
- Viewport (virtual reality) Team: Vineet Devaiah/ Varun Nayak. Publishing technology allowing large scale publishers to publish VR content
- Ziggu (real estate). Team: Yannick Bontinckx / Pieter Gistelinck/ Vincent Van Impe. Engagement platform allowing real estate developers to better interact with customers.